Ironing any garment can sometimes become a tedious task. On top of that, if you do not have a good iron to do the job, it adds more boredom to the task. Getting your hands on a good quality iron is always advisable. Oliso is a brand that uses patented iTouch technology. The latest technology and helps you do the ironing efficiently. The irons manufactured by Oliso are designed to sense the touch on the handle, which makes it safer. I’ve already covered the top products of Rowenta and the best irons by Philips. So, let’s have a look at the best Oliso irons of 2020.
Quick Answer: Top-Rated Best Oliso Irons In 2020
- Best Overall: Oliso Pro TG1600 Smart Iron
- Best Budget: Oliso TG1050 Smart iTouch Iron
- Best Steam: Oliso TG1100 Smart Iron
Best Overall: Oliso Pro TG1600 Smart Iron
Ratings: 4.3/5 | Store: Amazon
The Oiso Pro TG1600 smart iron is a powerful steam iron option that boasts a power of 1600 watts. This higher power means that the unit will heat up quickly and would allow you to start within a minute. Moreover, the soleplate has a stainless steel with extra thickness. This thickness adds to better retention of heat, and it is also really flat. The flat design helps to minimize the dimpled appearance of fabrics. Besides, the iron features a 2-inch detailer tip. This helps you to deal with the pockets, cuffs, corners, and other tight spaces.
Moreover, the real unique feature of Oliso irons is that these have iTouch technology. This feature is designed so that you do not have to keep your iron upright when you are rearranging your clothes. You can position it horizontally at all times because there is a mechanism that raises the iron when your hands are off the handle. There will be a gap left between the soleplate and the board to prevent any burns or scorches. Also, the iron features the standard anti-drip feature along with the self-cleaning, steam jet, water spray, and variable steam.
Furthermore, the variable steam and the temperature control feature both are located at the front of the iron. This makes it easier for you to read and adjust the settings of the iron. Additionally, unlike most of the models, the water hole is not located at the front. Instead, it is located below the handle and has a side loading access. The water tank can hold 12.7 ounces of water. This allows you to do more ironing within lesser time, and you do not have to stop again and again for refilling—the power cord of the iron measures 12 feet, adding to the ease of use.
Additionally, iTouch technology is a brilliant way that helps you minimize the risk of toppling the iron over. When you set the iron on its heel, there are more chances that the iron may knock off the board. So this adds a lot to the safety, and you can easily do the ironing if you have kids around.
Best Budget: Oliso TG1050 Smart iTouch Iron
Ratings: 4.4/5 | Store: Amazon
The TG1005 smart iron is an excellent option from the brand that is available at a really affordable price. Despite the lower price, the iron can provide a powerful 1600 watts of power. Moreover, the iron features the iTouch technology that is designed to prevent scorching the fabric. Besides, the soleplate boasts of having a really thick stainless steel. This is designed to provide you with a mirror glide finish. This finish aids in smooth ironing at all times, and you do not have to worry at all.
Additionally, the iron is also designed such that if you are not using it. And you have left it turned on; the iron will turn off automatically. This model is designed to get turned off after 30 seconds. Also, if you leave it in the upright position and not using it, it would turn off after 8 minutes.
Moreover, the tip of the iron is one and a half-inch wide, and this helps you to clean small details of the fabric. The iron also generates a consistent flow of steam with the help of 1600 watts of power. This steam is made uniform with the help of equally spaced holes. Additionally, the power cord is long that makes sure that you get an ample movability. This also features a 360-degree pivot adding more to the freedom of movement. Moreover, the spray mist feature helps to dampen the fabric helping you to eliminate stubborn wrinkles.
Furthermore, the iron also boasts the anti-drip feature and the self-cleaning system. These features are designed to prevent the iron and calcium build up inside your machine. A one year warranty also backs the unit. When opening the package, you will also get a filling cup. You can also choose between vertical burst, horizontal burst, and continuous steam options.
Also, you get to opt from the low, medium, and higher settings as well. The only con you may find is that water may leak from the iron. However, this problem is just a handful and does not make a big issue. Overall, the Oliso TG1050 forms the right product and is worth purchase.
Best Steam: Oliso TG1100 Smart Iron
Ratings: 4.5/5 | Store: Amazon
This one, TG1100, is an advanced option as compared to 1050. The unit features the iTouch technology as the previous one. Moreover, the soleplate features the premium stainless steel featuring expanded holes with the help of these evenly spaced holes aids in the production of even steam production.
Additionally, the unit owns a power of 1800 watts, and this enables the unit to heat up rapidly. This rapid heat production adds to save a lot of your time and energy. One press pressing helps you to get faster and efficient pressing for the larger garment. Besides, the iron also features the automatic shut off feature. This helps the unit to shut off within 10 minutes when it is placed in the upright position. On the other hand, if the unit is placed tipped on the side, it turns off automatically within 30 seconds period.
Moreover, the power cord has a length of 10.8 inches. This longer cord allows you with a full range of motion. Also, the motion is extended due to the addition of pivot design. Besides, the side tank boasts of having a capacity of holding 12.7 ounces of water. This is enough so that you can deal with a huge ironing task without needing to refill again and again. Additionally, the anti-drip feature is added, and this helps to prevent the water from leakage when not in use.
Furthermore, the up and down movement of the iTechnology should be praised sufficiently. At first, it would be difficult for you to understand how this smart technology would recognize your hand. Moreover, you would need to grip the iron properly. If you did not grip it in the right way, it would not pop back up. This also forms a minor complaint that it should not pop up when not gripped. This is the critical feature that helps you deal with your delicate projects safe and prevent scorching with the help of safety features.
Also, you get seven setting options with the help of a triple-play. These provide you with vertical, horizontal, low, continuous, medium, low, and high settings. At the bottom line, the TG1100 smart iron forms an excellent investment.
Which Oliso iron is the best?
- The TG1050 smart iron with 1600 watts of power works the best. It is the model that works excellently for heavier fabrics. This one is not only straightforward to use and also very affordable as compared to the Singer models. The iron also boasts the iTouch technology that adds so much to the ease of use. Moreover, it also has built-in scorch guards and helps to protect your clothes.
How is water emptied from Oliso irons?
- To clean the internal steam chamber, you can start by heating your iron up. It is preferable to do near a drain or a sink and fill water in the water chamber. Now keeping the iron over the dink, press the steam burst button repeatedly until the water starts to drip heavily from the bottom of the soleplate. This process also helps a lot to remove the mineral deposits that have built up during the use.
Can Oliso iron cause power surges?
- Oliso irons have power ranging between 1600 to 1800 watts. Also 120 to 125 AC volts. This is the upper end of the U.S electrical power ratings. If you want to avoid the power surges, it is advisable to avoid plugging the iron into those outlets where you plug in your TV and lightings. If you plug the iron in these specific outlets, you might overload your circuit walls. However, if the problem persists, it would have an electrical nature, and it is beyond your control.
Which water should you use for the Oliso irons?
- The brand recommends using plain tap water. However, if you have tough water, then it is recommended to use half of the quantity from the tap, and the other half should be distilled water. Alternatively, you can use bottled drinking water as well. It is also suggested not to use 100 percent of the distilled water. You are advised to always empty the water tank in between the ironing sessions.
How should you add water to the steam iron?
- Take the iron in the horizontal position and open the filling port, which is located at the side of the iron. The side port makes it really easy to add water into the tank. Moreover, in the packaging of the iron, you are provided with the filling cup, and you can use this cup to fill water. However, you can also fill the iron directly from a faucet or a water bottle.
Why it is not recommended to use 100 percent distilled water?
- The distilled water is so clean that it tends to remove all the minerals from the metals inside the iron. This may cause premature leakage from the iron as well.
Do you need to push the iron down on the handle for lowering it?
- No, there is no need to push down on the iron in order to lower it. You simply need to touch the top or the bottom of the handle. There are sensors that sense the presence of your hand and lowers the iron automatically. As soon as you release the handle, the iron will rise up automatically.
Can you turn the Auto Lift System off so that iron does not lift down and up?
- Yes, it is possible to override the auto lift system. If you move the switch on the backside to the ‘off,’ then it would operate as a standard iron, however, if you leave the iron in the horizontal position for more than 30 seconds (TG1050 and TG1100) or 3 minutes (TG1600). Then the legs will extend hence raising the iron. This action helps to keep the soleplate from burning your fabric or the ironing surface. Additionally, you can also turn the auto lift system on by moving the switch back to on again.
How much the Oliso iron weighs?
- The Oliso iron weighs 3.7 pounds when it does not have water.